Wednesday, August 16, 2017

More From Japan (and New Hampshire)


I showed Tonko's work last week.
https://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2017/08/yankee-diary-in-japan.html

Her Japanese quilt friend Jun wrote in a comment:
"She treats inches as centimeters to make blocks. For example, she makes 5 inch block as 5cm block. Which means she makes a 5 inch block less than 2 inches.
and she is sewing all by hand. I did some of your past projects with her, I am always amazed by her work."


In putting all this cross-cultural quilting together I see her friend does a blog as Bear Necessities and uses the names Daisyusanh and usnhjun. And on her instagram page "Jun living in New Hampshire."
https://www.instagram.com/daisyusanh/?hl=en




I've been keeping track of Jun's Yankee Diary blocks too through her Instagram posts. Love her fabric choices and her photo set-ups.


I rather randomly clicked on links on Bear Necessities and found some interesting pictures.

Jun has been making my BOM's for years. I am so pleased

And then there are some other intriguing series patterns....



4 comments:

Denniele said...

Treats inches as centimeters....boggles my mind! Beautiful work!

Janie said...

I agree, beautiful work and use of color.

Jeanne said...

LOVE those colors!

じゅん said...

Thank you for introducing my Yankee Diary blocks and blog.
I am very happy.

Jun